Sunday 6 September 2015

Summer Has Arrived!

Hello.

Yes, I know it's September, but for the past two days the weather here has been beautiful. There are the sounds of folk working in their gardens and washing wafting in the breeze (ok, I made the last one up but you get the picture!) Is it time to break out the BBQ?!

Anyway, to today's card which I made for a friend recently who was awarded Woman of the Year at her local Slimming World group. She's done incredibly well with her weight loss and I am so proud of her. 

I thought for ages about this card and looked for lots of images but none were quite right - don't try googling woman on scales - it's not great! Then I remembered about Serena With Her Sign. And I spied a stamp I bought a while ago but hadn't used. I masked of the right and left edges of Serena as as the stamp was fine lengthwise but was too wide. And voila. The perfect image!




Stamps 
Serena Has A Sign - Stamping Bella
Sentiment - Woodware

 Colouring Medium 
Copics

Tools 
Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die - Memory Box
Mini Pennant - Stampin Up

 Thanks for dropping by today.


3 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a lovely image, Susan, the bright colours are very cheerful. She must be so proud!!! What's her secret?

Love and hugs
Maarit

Sue said...

Susan, This is lovely, really vibrant colours and wonderful card design.
Sue...xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Susan, I love the image and fabulous sentiment.
Sue xx

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...